As we ring in the New Year, people often write their resolutions and make promises for the future.
For 2017, we have a simple request for you: make a resolution to be a kinder person to others and to yourself.
How you complete this is up to you. Here’s a list of ideas that might make 2017 better than 2016:
- Spend 5 minutes a day doing something you enjoy (writing, reading, yoga, etc.).
- Volunteer for an organization whose beliefs align with your own.
- Challenge yourself to learn a new skill or language (note: it doesn’t say master this skill or language; just try it!).
- Increase your water intake.
- Write a letter or postcard once a month.
- Double the time you spend outside.
- Leave your social media accounts for a week.
- Make someone’s day.
- Organize a social gathering where you celebrate the friendships and family members that make your life complete.
- Quit a bad habit.
- Join a club or meetup.
We wish you the happiest of New Years, readers!